Sunday, September 27, 2009

strike 3.

these past few weeks have a reoccurring theme.
being the literal person i am, i tend to overlook the metaphors of life.

so looking back--i could slap myself for having missed it.

im going to cease struggle.
im not fighting for friendships.
im not begging for support.

i will do with my life as i see fit for me and me alone.
today has shown me that no matter how much you:
forgive
trust
love
hate
confide
need
any person, the only one who can keep your dreams alive is yourself.

for a long time i lived without a dream.
without hope. 
and recently i have found my dream. and even more recently i found a way to acquire that dream.  
of course, it was soon shot down.
but i refuse to let this dream get deferred. even if i have to live out this dream in solitude.

if friends are lost.
if family vanishes.
if all human interaction with anyone i ever cared about is lost.

i'll be just fine.
and this is something i will do for me.

those who want to be
will.
period.

1 comment:

EVOLVING said...

i completely understand. go for it.