Tuesday, November 16, 2010

leveled interrogation

tied to his chair, he sat calmly.
i stooped to his level making sure to rest my elbows on my thighs so he could see my dangling gun.

man 1: you know why you're here?
man 2: i know why you think i'm here.
man 1: will you see daylight again?
man 2: is that the same as "is the glass half empty-slash-full" ?
man 1: no.
man 2: then, when did the sun go down?
man 1: did it go down?
man 2: no.
man 1: you will die here.
man 2: a piece of you might leave with me.
man 1: most of me is already gone.

both men managed to remain oddly calm, regardless of such a charged atmosphere.

man 3: who are you?
man 2: how much does that matter?
man 3: you're in my basement. i'd say quite a bit.
man 1: maybe you should leave.
man 2: i'd agree.
man 3: this is my house.
man 1: this is a canvas.
man 2: do not become the art.
man 3: i love art.

man 1 shot man 3.

woman 1: honey, what was that sound?
man 1: art.
woman 1: honey, are you okay, you sound different.
man 2: don't come down stairs. 
woman 1: who are you men?
man 1: Art and Paint.
woman 1: such odd names. were your parents artists?
man 1: i have a gun. 
man 2: your husband is dead. 
woman 1: that wasn't my husband. i'll leave you boys to play.

man 1: you will die here.
man 2: when did the sun go down?
man 1: it didn't. 
man 2: half full?
man 1: no, i just took some of yours. 
man 2: gluttony is a sin.
man 1: so is murder.
man 2: so is murder.
man 1: brief me when i get there. 

man 1 shot man 2.

No comments: