Wednesday, January 19, 2011

untitled

they took off my handcuffs and took off my blindfold.

i stood before a dozen men, all with their semi-automatics pointed at me.
i've escaped many a predicament but this was one i hadn't the will, cunning and proper planning to escape this one.

the end had finally come.
but one would not run, nor scream, nor cry, nor whimper.
but i would stand tall. die with my dignity. my pride. my honor.

i stood alone. unbound.

"any last words, commander?"
"i once wrote a speech for this occasion but you aren't the men i expected to be gunning me down."
"humor us."
"you don't deserve it."
a stiff brief silence.

"any words for your family."
"tell my wife, 'mission accomplished.' but if you find her, tell her, 'mission failed.'"

"Take aim!" bastard general.
i pointed roughly and mushed my forehead, telling the traitors where to aim.

"you will remember me."
"FIRE!"



fin.

No comments: