Tuesday, March 24, 2009

hypocritical ways

can an actor be a hyprocrite?
can someone whose purpose is to portray someone else be accused of being something they're not?

i feel this way. but maybe its my "divine calling". i mean, i didnt search for this opportunity. i kinda fell in my lap

story: my sister been doin this church play thing for a few months now [again trying to be like her big brother.]. she needed a ride to the church one day. of course, my parents being the people they are, i was volunteered. get there sit down, halfway listen to whats going on. some guy writes a play about a man with baggage (his sinful ways) but he cant get the ending. me being the guy that i am, i decide to use my talents to help the old man. i write an ending. they love it. eat it up. used it.
so we go back next week. not by choice of course. so im there, incognito. session ends.
this is where shit starts to happen...the next week, i decide to go of my own free will. i was late tho. so the head lady decided to punish me by throwing a random part at me. of course, with my previous acting expirence (thanks Kirk), i surprise her. she gives me the part. [wtf..i didnt ask for it]. so blah blah blah. we perform for the head guy...he loves my part. he loves how i portray the charcter i was given. but i can give my delievery so well....because i deal with my character everyday. i am pride.

problem: i feel horrible participating in this play because im, truthfully, a horrible person.
i lie.
i steal.
i devieve.
i bad mouth ptople.
i hurt people.
i wish death on people
i wish sickness on people.
i can be totally heartless and void when it comes to others.
and yet, here i am trying to minister to people through drama. ((though i actually dont give a fuck, i just like to act.))
ugh.

beyond that. im broke...again somehow. but i need $40 by next wensday. and i cant work monday because of this play.
the life high that i was on has suddenly ended leaving me broken from the fall.

2 comments:

Amber Chanel said...

yikes tarrance...

u think horribly of yourself...i love u to death! ur none of those things to me...

maybe this play can redeem u and help change things ur ashamed of...

--killa

Shar Nele said...

well, being the "Christian" that I am, I have thoughts about this, but to tell you them might negatively affect the outcome so i won't. lol

we all have our vices, don't be so hard on yourself.

but acting is acting...use your talents, boy! and stop thinking so much about it. lol