Tuesday, June 30, 2009

a new start.

so.
they say God works in mysterious ways. maybe this is true.

maybe i had to lose everything to consider this:
i have a friend who wants to set me up with a job in florida.
of course, if i get the job(s) orlando will be my new place of residence.
that means letting go of everything that i've grown fond of.
this city. these people. this love.

but.
i need to be a man.
i need to get out on my own.
gain my independence.
fight on my own.
and, for once, fight for myself.
and no one else.

maybe in the midst of doing that i can kill my insecurities.
and maybe...just maybe...

its hard to say goodbye.
but maybe i need to.

maybe its time to walk away from all that i know.
its what i'm used to. i've done it so much that its no big deal.
but...with a few things leaving too...whats left to keep me here.

so like i said.
maybe its a good thing that everything has been stripped from me.
had everything still been intact i'd probably be reluctant to go.
like i was with the air force...

but maybe this
this new start...maybe it'll do something positive.

what do i have to lose.?
i'm rambling.

1 comment:

EVOLVING said...

it sucks to read...but maybe it is what you need. I want you to be happy because its what you deserve. I want you to be the successful man youve dreamed of being because its who you should be, and its whose inside of you....if that makes sense. Anyway we wish u the best of course. You know the ezzards love the mess outta you...tight jeans and all ;) ur always welcome to ur home away from home ted. <3